Thursday, April 12, 2012

Long time no post, been real busy / stuff & things.......

Rex's frame at final alignment check - very nice.
I accidentaly did something I've said never do, I put a curved tube and a tapered oval downtube so the only tube I had hold by to polish it was the seat tube - darn!



That is some tight fillet brazing even if I say so myself.





De-fluxed.



Out in the sun pre-polishing, post de-fluxing.



A nice shot for the curves, I began to think of it as the "Mudslinger" as it's made to use a 14-speed internally geared Rohloff hub, not clog with mud around the tires, and not collect mud on the chain - Rex sent me pics of what looked like a bike but coated with adobe - this should help - I also think I remember that Mountain Goat Cycles had a "mudslinger" model?



Checking out the housing runs, very nice. EP in the background helping out around the shop.



All polished out, most of the braze-ons in action - 27 individual braze-on pieces.



Here is Chris Noren's frame from the get-go, a 26er with a 120mm fork for Elko, Nevada.



Getting the spine straight from the get go, more pics to come ASAP now that I have my computer back from the computer doctor........pinche computers.



And here is the front triangle all tacked up - onwards tomorrow.



Look at the cool 2" tall sculpture I made!



Another weird one.........



D. & John - if you got your bike painted one color in the last 4-5 yrs then John likely did it - Iron Horse Powdercoat, 928-774-7747 Flagstaff, AZ.



Busted up again - yep, hyper extended thumb - ouchypoo, slowing me down a little but still at it.



We were down in the Verde Valley a bunch lately with friends & family.



Perfectly good singletrack.





Nice swimmin' hole.



Mystery flower.



Agave.



Martian trail.



Cranking it out - a handcycle first, 4.5 hours out in the desert.



I made this!



The Yuman Beings up to visit from the desert.



Up canyon.



A couple big Bighorn Sheep.



Another nice day out with D.



Springtime in the desert.



These are called, yes, "bluedicks."



I got to show the boys how to catch the trout - got six.



Good to be back at it, office day today. Thanks for checking in & reading, everyone, thanks allot.


- Steve.

2 comments:

Mimbres Man said...

Killer desert shots! Fillets are perfect as always.

Anonymous said...

Looks like life is dang good in the desert! Man every time you build a frame and post the pics I say Wow! nice work, wish I was standing so I could order a frame from you!
Dave Stewart