Thursday, October 04, 2012

Oct 2012 Coconino World HQ update.

 Well right back at it for October after a VERY trying September - Glad to have survived that month.
 Here is Bill's un-filed flat black 29er for the Zuni Mountains of Western New Mexico.
 Pretty no nonsense, fully rigid, no moving parts. A dependable companion.
 This bike, Matt's, had a mysteriously cracked seat tube after over 8000 miles of mostly single track - a flaw in the tube likely. You'll have that.
I replaced the entire seat tube - epic. Here is the finished frame, all ready to go out for more.
 I can tell my older bikes as the proportions are oh-so-slightly different then the absolutely current ones being made - I have worked hard on perfecting the "flow" in a frame while maintaining optimal fit.
 This is Eiji's 650B for the mountains of japan - He is keeping the rack tabs on the new Coco-Motos (see below) to, I hope, carry his fishing pole!
in this picture I am checking the alignment of the front triangle, which you must have down before you proceed to the rear stays.
 And now the rear chainstays. I gave these some cool magic that I'm going to start doing on all bikes - it worked very well.
 Above & below dummy-ing up the wheel to check clearances - plenty with a Neo-Moto 2.35' slammed at 16.5" forward.

 Above & below getting the double bends of the seat stays in phase with each other.
 Did I mention the custom blue bolt on Phil Wood Kiss Off hubs?
Sweet!
 The new Coco-Motos with all the goods - disc mount, derailleur hanger, rack/blinky/whatever mounts.
 I got a random visit from one of the world's most respected framebuilders, Dario Pegoretti, who built Tour de France winning bikes for Indurain, Pantani and Cipolini amound many others - I was VERY flattered.
 We framebuilders buy, sell and trade goods all the time - I sold some tubes to Eric at Winter Cycles and this is what the check looked like - I wish it could speak.
 So far Fall has been awesome, and I have been trying to get out and experience it as it it fleeting at best.
Above, a Larkspur. Only a very few flowers left........tough ones.
 I love this picture after a brief shower of a brilliant Aspen leaf.
All pictures by Denise.
 How do you get through the rocks?
 Indian Paintbrush.
 I cut that corner by maybe .75"






A pretty damn nice fall so far!
Mostly just building bikes and trying to get out enough to maintain my grip upon my sanity, we will be out kayaking for our 11th anniversary from Oct 10th to the 13th - other then that, I'll be here.
Thanks for reading, all - And, thanks for your continued patience - Steve.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Great stuff as always. Both in the shop and in the woods.