Monday, December 11, 2006

leaving the wheelchair at home, michelle's x-bike jigged up, frame for sale, and other news!





howdy, all, thanks for tuning into the garro channel! been leaving the chair at home and walking every where! {with crutches, of course..} went to the doctor's office, p.t., the post office, the grocery store, coffee shop, all over! still cooking and building bikes in the chair. i'm still too sketchy for that stuff still. also cruising around with the "canadian" crutches, like the ones in the pic. this is great news, as it is MUCH easier to go places with out the chair. things are coming along! hard to belive that a year ago at garropalooza i weighed 115lbs and could only move one toe. what a crazy year...i don't expect anyone to even guess what it was like...alot of folks say it was a miracle, but that is pure 100% b.s., perseverence, stubbornness and work ethic are what it was/is. that and denise sticking with me and not giving up. so on to the pics: the frame in the jig is my sister-in-laws x-bike. it is sweeeeet! this one's going to the north american handmade bike show in san jose in march. the other frame is a full-on 700c cross/touring frame for sale. brand new. $700 painted any color you want. 18.5" seattube center to center. 23.5" effective tt. 1-speed or geared, handbent tt and ss's, full touring braze-ons and bottle opener. 3 bottle cages. sweeeet. e-mail me if you are interested at coconinocycles@yahoo.com also, a pic of me cruising around, and lastly, the "frankenbender" built for me by doug hall and his bro for some heavy-duty bending! rode budda beach the other day as well, but forgot the camera. rode up some near vertical slickrock on the handbike, and did the ride out-and-back from the little horse trailhead to the drop off to the creek and back, 3 1/2 hours total, it totally worked me, i could barely roll myself over or talk, went to bed by 6pm. whew! that shit is tough! once again, thanks for reading the crazy comic strip that is my life! rock on, steve.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man- GREAT to see you out, around, and upright! You be one bad mofo. I hope to get out to the NAHBS in March & I'm looking forward to seeing your show bikes.
peace,
Chauncey

Anonymous said...

Bueno Steve. You inspire.

Japhy rider said...

everything happens for a reason, and it's not b/c the Flying Spaghetti Monster willed it. you're one driven hombre, Steve. can't wait to do some bikin' with you again. perhaps in a few weeks! see you guys over the holidaze.

McD

ps- what's the max tire size that 700c frame can run?

Mimbres Man said...

Steve...
That frame is my size and I want a new touring bike. I think you built that with me in mind. I should give you a call. :)

Great to see you getting around. Sounds like your first paddle was a success. Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Dude,
That is my new favorite picture. Standing in front of FMC on those full racing crutches. You continue to rock the planet harder than anyone else I know because you shred old-school!
Smooth-on, bro.

Perry D

Anonymous said...

Yeah Steve! I can't wait to ride with you again, too!
-Aki

Manish Batra said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
HEAVY DUTY WHEELCHAIR

Keep Posting:)