Monday, October 11, 2010

Very busy / Mike's bike done / stuff & things / gone from the 13th to the 16th.

Mike G's frame all polished & ready for braze-ons. it will be done by the time you read this.

Smooooooth. I try to do this seatstay/toptube fillet on all my frames as a kind of "signature" - I don't point out all the small touches on my frames and I really should, there are many little touches & they all have a purpose. I like to think that this helps dissipate some of the forces along the frame as well as reinforcing the entire joint as well as looking flowy & cool.

A photo of midway through the polishing process. I figure each frame gets around 10 hours of polishing on top of already being pretty damn smooth to start with.

here is a shot of the "spearpoints" on the end of the stays where they meet the dropouts. As the dropouts are Stainless Steel the joinery is done with silver alloy, hence the well, silver color. Also, you can see that I do very little finish work here as well, the concave ends are just the actual puddles formed when the metal cools at just the right temperature, and all I have to do is face the bevels on the terminations of the spearpoints.

A raw shot of the BB junction still hot from the torch.

Ditto here.

Manzo, Dr. John & Gullo building Manzo's bike. damn, it's sweet. we finished it after all the good sun was gone, but I will see him this weekend & get some nice shots for y'all.

The first real snowfall on the peaks from our living room couch.

I went for a short ride with D. Boy, I still feel really under the weather with the Oregon crud. Bleccchh. The woods were very nice, however. the aspens are just starting to turn.

Gorgeous!

Humphrey's peak - 12,633ft.

That's it for now - Lainie's bike up next, then Shawn McF & Barry W, then Pete M & Kenny C, then Ed H. Katie B - where are you? out of the office for our anniversary from the 13th to the 16th. Hey - thanks for reading! - Steve.

No comments: