Tuesday, September 08, 2009

RIP, Doug Roether.


Doug Roether passed away today at 1:45pm. he was the rep for KHS and several other bike lines in the SW. he was a husband, a son, a brother, a bike racer, one of the best mechanics i ever saw, one who taught me allot and even more then that he was my good friend of around 20yrs. he will be greatly missed by myself and many others. that cancer shit sure sucks. maybe we can both ride singletrack together again one day somewhere better, Doug........this is a pic of his bike he send my from his cell phone not too very long ago. RIP, buddy.

4 comments:

big jonny said...

Sad news, my friend. I tried to remember tonight, as I helped give my two daughters a bath, when I met Doug. It may have been with you, Steve, back in '91 or '92. Man, it has been a long time.

He was one of the good ones.

Anonymous said...

douger was one of the reasons i decided to move to AZ back in 86, one of the best and one of kind,,,,,,,,,peace on durt my friend
gullo

troy said...

I met Roether at a race or bike shop in southern AZ 15 years or so ago. He always had a smile and was full of stoke. It was always a pleasure to run into him. He will be missed...

Grant said...

My memories go back to the bike hostel days in Tempe when Jonny and Andy we're sharing Doug's pad in old town Tempe. Doug was always there to help me wrench on my ride and to tow me up the big hills always with a smile on...

Sometimes life's just too short, rest in peace old friend.